If You Read One Article About Effective Email Marketing Tips Read This One
If you have been into the online marketplace for a while I know you have likely heard this statement before, the money is in the list, right?
Well this is “almost” the truth. The money actually isn’t in the list. The money is in the following.
In the same way as the Top Twitter or Facebook pages have hugely engaged followings, you can accomplish the same through email marketing.
So, before you read one article about effective email marketing tips read this one.
How Email Marketing Visually Works
The 3 steps to a successful email marketing campaign are:
- Creating an irresistible initial offer
- Building trust through relationships
- Generating revenue through offers
Email marketing is actually quite simple when broken down. It functions like this…
- Visitor lands on blog post from search.
- Visitor reads blog post.
- Visitor sees CTA Opt-in at end of post.
- CTA= Call to Action
- Opt-in= Web form for name & email
- You ask for permission from those visitors join your emailing list in exchange for something (Ebook, Video,Course, etc.).
- They share their email address and name with you.
- Prompt them to check the email confirmation called a double opt-in.
- Visitor checks email and clicks confirmation link
- Visitor sees thank you for subscribing page and donwload the offer.
- Offer= PDF Guide Ebook, Video,Course, etc.
- You then have permission to offer them information and ultimately marketing promotions.
- Visitor is now on your list and is part of an email campaign.
- Visitor recieves 2nd email on the next day after subscribing.
- Visitor recieves 3rd email on the 5th day after subscribing.
The art of list building is making an offer in exchange for an email address… and then building a relationship with those who choose to follow you. Not only do you have the opportunity to connect to this person once, as long as you keep a good standing relationship with them you can continue contacting them over and over again.
The best kinds of list to build are laser targeted list that include the visitors contact details such as email, first name, last name and their phone numbers. The responsive subscribers list will eventually become the key element to your success.
Every moment when a visitor enters their name and email address into your squeeze page opt-in form, they are instantly being added to your mailing list system and instantly become an active subscriber you can follow up with them later on. Building a profitable email list building campaign is not to be excused or overlooked.
A good time to start email marketing is once you have a brand, traffic and understand your audience buying habits. All emails are triggered by events. This is called an autoresponder follow up series campaign.
After you send out the first e-mail ad, it’s very important to follow-up a day or two later with your list. People may have skipped over it the first time, sometimes people need to see an email a couple of times before they click or buy. Maybe the first e-mail subject line never grabbed their attention.
Nowadays Internet software and e-mail filters can block your e-mail messages from even getting to your opt-in subscribers.
Email Campaign Types
|Broadcast Campaign||Drip Campaign|
Broadcast campigns are good for blog post. Blog broadcasting is a great way to organically grow your list and blog traffic by sending awesome email anouncements about your posts.
The thing with blogging is that your traffic can drop and advertisers come and go; but if you look after your ‘list’ it’s yours forever.
If you were to lose your blog today you’d have nothing to show for it, your advertisers won’t continue paying and readers will quickly realize you no longer exist. However, if you had an email list you would carry on making money.
Email marketing is the single most effective way of marketing online. There are three factors that contribute to this.
- Pay once, contact forever
- Unlike your typical PPC or article marketing campaign, with the integration of email marketing you have the opportunity to contact people over and over again. You essentially work to get the lead once (the initial cost, whether it is time or money), then you can contact them over and over again…for FREE.
- Can be applied to any niche
- One thing that email marketing has on some other marketing methods is that it can be done within any niches. Sure, you can make money within most niches with other marketing techniques, but email marketing allows you to cross-promote relevant products to a niche as you have on going communication with your subscribers. Having an email list gives you this opportunity. Any industry, any niche…you can build a list within it!
- In the online world “set it and forget it”, is an online entrepreneurs dream revenue stream. This is the method to make money while you sleep! This is appropriate for the email marketing world. Once you get a system in place that is converting visitors into leads, and leads into customers, it is all about getting more traffic for your campaign . Once you get traffic converting within your sequence, it will always convert.
There are tools that allow you to automate the whole process. Email marketing can become hands free and once you have a formula in place that yields a positive ROI, you having an automated “money making” system in place!
You will need an auto-responder which costs money but some email services offer free options, and some are paid service.
Here Is A List Of Email Service Providers!
- Constant Contact (small business)
- Drip (e-commerce)
- Mail Chimp (has free offer)
- Mad Mimi
- Get Response
Setting Up Your 1st Campaign!
To get started, you will need to make sure that you have the entire tools ready. You will need to take the following steps to set up your 1st effective email marketing campaign
- Get a campaign name
- Get a branded email address
- Create a series of pre-written emails (10 minimum)
- Build An opt-in form
- Create An offer to get people to subscribe
- Get A paid/free auto-responder
Best Practices For Email Marketing
You now have all the information you need to set up and start earning money from your mailing list. I thought I would finish by offering a few rules I run my list by, to make sure I make the most out of my list and get the best results.
Rule 1: DON’T SPAM!
Rule 2: Try not to share your list, often for new product launches they will get you to send pre launch emails to get them to opt-in for a FREE report, this is a bad idea because then they basically get a copy of your list although it’s a great way to convert more sales.
Rule 3: Be personal, your a human being so come across like one and not a spam bot.
Rule 4: Be consistent in what you offer your readers, if you are offering great blogging tips then don’t just “wack” up a post about blogging just because you have to, make sure everything to provide has true value.
Rule 5: Be consistent in how often you email your readers.
Rule 6: It’s not all about the money, don’t promote something just because you want to make money but because your readers actually need it – and because you would personally buy it!
I hope today’s post has helped!
Below is an outline of the “flow” of email marketing:
Website Visitor —-> gives permission in exchange for something ——> Joins YOUR LIST——> YOU offer info and promotions——> YOU MAKE $$$$$
The purpose of this post was to walk you through the procedure, from the offer, the technology, to the building of the relationships, and finally generating the revenue. When following up with your list of subscribers. Just make sure to be honest when promoting you products and services. You want to build a good rapport with your potential customers.
Do you have any effective marketing tips to offer? Leave your comments in the forum. I would love to hear your feedback!
In the mean time, I would like to take this time to offer you a FREE starter membership that will teach you everything you need to know about online business. Subscribe below!
Let me set you up for success with our “What to Write” PDF. As an extra incentive, the PDF includes our fill-in-the-blank email templates to make getting started even easier. To get your FREE copy click here!
Follow The Onlinentrepreneur